> On Jul 8, 2015, at 8:14 AM, Svein Erling Tysvær
> svein.erling.tysv...@kreftregisteret.no [firebird-support]
> <firebird-support@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
>
> Take a look here: http://www.firebirdfaq.org/faq361/
>
> I'd add that restore also has a -use_all_space option. If you don't specify
> this, then pages are filled to approximately 80% (80% is preferable over 100%
> unless it is a read-only database). See
> http://www.firebirdsql.org/manual/gbak-cmdline.html or
> http://www.firebirdsql.org/manual/gfix-pagespace.html for more information.

Just being pedantic here.   The space reserved depends on the size of the
record - the full declared size plus the record header (approx 14 bytes).
Firebird computes the number of records that could fit on the page and reserves
16 bytes per record.  So if your records are big, you'll reserve less space.  A
record that consists of a single integer could reserve nearly half the page.

Best regards,

Ann

  • ... Tomasz Tyrakowski t.tyrakow...@sol-system.pl [firebird-support]
    • ... Svein Erling Tysvær svein.erling.tysv...@kreftregisteret.no [firebird-support]