Hi there, we have a 7 GB Firebird 2.5 database, running on FB Classic 2.5.2 64
bits on a Windows Server. This is a 64 bits Windows server with 24 CPU cores
and 32 GB of RAM.

 When the client connection count surpasses 200, the database starts
"freezing", I.E., opening a connection with IBExpert can take up to 5 minutes,
and you can see the "Loading Views...", "Loading Tables..." etc. events
happening in slow motion in the IBExpert window.

 We instruct the users to close client apps and when the connection count drops
to 150 or so, the database "breathes in" and the performance goes back to
normal.

 Is there a limit of client connections for Firebird?

 Right now we are puzzled, any pointers / recommendations are much appreciated.

 Regards,

 -Eduardo
  • ... conver...@gmail.com [firebird-support]
    • ... Mark Rotteveel m...@lawinegevaar.nl [firebird-support]