[firebird-support] <firebird-support@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

> So, to be conservative, let's use the original process as recommended by
> the book.
> Thank you.

You might try your original approach because BLR is actually a very high
level language - albeit binary.  It doesn't include datatype information,
string sizes, collations, or character set.  All that is supplied when the
request is compiled into an execution tree.  The purpose of BLR was to
allow a database to encode user requests in a network and machine friendly
format that could support SQL, QUEL, and DEC's database language which
became GDML.  Since all but SQL are now dead, BLR is an artifact without
benefit - serving only to remind the ancient that the world could have been
very different and much more interoperable..

Anyway, you'll have to recompile your triggers etc., but the BLR should be
OK.

Cheers,

Ann
  • [firebird-su... Aldo Caruso aldo.car...@argencasas.com [firebird-support]