> On Aug 7, 2015, at 1:56 PM, 'Walter R. Ojeda Valiente'
> sistemas2000profesio...@gmail.com [firebird-support]
> <firebird-support@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
>
> Well, after run GSTAT and reading the output I can see how many garbage a
> whole table has, but it don't shows me the "story" of a row. ¿How many
> COMMITs and how many ROLLBACKs the row with ID 1234 of the table CLIENTS had
> had?

Firebird doesn't track that information.  I suggested that you start with gstat
to figure out which tables are worth instrumenting, then instrument them.

You can track committed inserts (one per record, obviously) and updates and
deletes (again, one per record) with triggers.  Updates that roll back will be
hard to track because Firebird cleans up rolled back changes immediately if it
possibly can - and the triggered changes to internal are included in the
clean-up.  If you write your trigger to an external table the changes won't be
rolled back, but you won't be able to tell the difference between a successful
update and a failed update.

I don't have easy access to the Firebird release notes, but suspect that
sometime someone added a system variable that will give you access to
transaction ids.  With that, and a transaction triggger that writes the
terminal state of a transaction to an external table, you should be able to get
the information you want.

But why?  I understand caring about long strings of back versions.  But why do
you care about failed updates?  Firebird removes them immediately unless the
server (or inet-server for Classic) has crashed.  Server crashes should be rare.

Good luck,

Ann
  • ... liviuslivius liviusliv...@poczta.onet.pl [firebird-support]
    • ... 'Walter R. Ojeda Valiente' sistemas2000profesio...@gmail.com [firebird-support]