Dmitry said:
>It's because the connection is still really alive, the server has no
>idea that it was terminated from the other side. You need to configure
>either the TCP keepalive interval at the OS level or enable
>DummyPacketInterval in firebird.conf, so that such forced disconnects
>were detected faster by the server.

Thank Dmitry,

I read the firebird.conf and the article in Microsoft site. Please, help me
again:

1) In firebird.conf, in session about parameter DummyPacketInterval, there
is a warning "DO NOT USE THIS OPTION". I can or cannot use this parameter?
This parameter only can be used  with the changes in OS, quoted in the
Microsoft article?

2) About OS, our customers uses Microsoft Windows. I read the documentation
and I understand (or I guess) that the unique parameter that I should add
in Windows Register is KeepAliveInterval. Is it right? Are mandatory the
other two parameters?

Sorry about so many questions, but this configuration is not my daily job
(I'm a Delphi/C# programmer).

Thank you.

*Jeferson Sisto*
jsis...@gmail.com