I forgot to mention that I'm monitoring the linux server where
Firebird is installed and this is what I see:
- no high CPU load
- no swapping
- no io waiting

What seems very strange to me is that firebird process is taking very
few CPU (0.7%)...I think it should be much higer as I'm asking for a
very demanding query so I expected it to take much more CPU...it's
like I have some contention for firebird process but I cannot see the
reason.

> I'm doing some basic tests with Firebird and I'm facing something I
> cannot understand (I'm a newbie to Firebird which has worked with
> IB7.5 for years, so I apologize if I ask something obvious):
>
> - I have a linux server with firebird 2.5.4 Superserver: multi-core (4), 3GB
> RAM
> - I placed a "huge" database: 1000 tables,  9GB
> - When I issue a query like this "select count(*) from TABLE1" it
> takes very long time to complete (>30 min).
> - TABLE 1 has 3 million records
>
> As I told you, I'm quite used to IB7.5, but I guess this is not normal
> at all...probably I'm missing something but I couldn't find any
> document which gives me an idea of what I'm doing wrong.
>
> With same hardware an IB7.5 same query took 40 sec to complete (first
> time issued, no cache).
>
> Could anyone help?

Planatec Software S.L. ** <http://www.planatec.es>
telf: +34 964 340 560 ** fax: +34 961 130 921
  • [firebird-supp... Hector Sánchez hec...@planatec.es [firebird-support]
    • [firebird... Hector Sánchez hec...@planatec.es [firebird-support]
    • Re: [fire... Alexey Kovyazin a...@ib-aid.com [firebird-support]
      • Re: [... Hector Sánchez hec...@planatec.es [firebird-support]