---In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, <mark@...> wrote :

 > On 18-9-2015 19:50, amigoface@... mailto:amigoface@... [firebird-support]
 > wrote:
 > > i have problems on using firebird embedded on my asp.net web host .
> >
 > > everything work fine locally but on the web i have an exception
 >
> > System.Data.Entity.Core.EntityException: The underlying provider failed
 > > on Open. ---> FirebirdSql.Data.FirebirdClient.FbException: Can't
 > > create directory "C:\ProgramData\firebird\". OS errno is 5
 > > ---> FirebirdSql.Data.Common.IscException: Can't create directory
 > > "C:\ProgramData\firebird\". OS errno is 5

 > For reference error number 5 is access denied. Firebird writes the lock
> files for a database into C:\ProgramData\firebird but it isn't able to
> create the folder (you don't have enough rights).

  Correct.

  One addition - process which hosts Firebird (web server, afaiu) should have
privileges
to create folder in "C:\ProgramData". Or you can create it by yourself and
grant
privileges to create\delete and read\write files at it
("C:\ProgramData\firebird") to the account used for web server.

> To redirect the lock files, you need to set the environment variable
> FIREBIRD_LOCK to the location where you can write.

  Never, never, never do it !!! At least until you 200% sure you really need it
!

Regards,
Vlad

  • [firebird-support... amigof...@gmail.com [firebird-support]