On Mon, Sep 21, 2015 at 4:53 AM, Glenn Thomas Hvidsten g...@vensafe.no
[firebird-support] <firebird-support@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

> We have FirebirdSQL (2.1) running on a client computer (Windows). This
> client has some problems with his power grid which causes the PC to
> suddenly and unexpectedly shut down in infrequent intervals (usually once
> or twice per day). Most of the time this doesn’t cause any problems, but
> once in a while this causes the database to be corrupted.
>
> I’m not at all surprised that the database gets corrupted like this (as
> turning off a computer without shutting everything down gracefully can have
> that effect).

If you have turned off forced writes, corruption is likely.  If forced
write is on, what are the errors you're seeing when the database is
corrupted?  I'm not suggesting that you disregard advice about adding a UPS
and make backups - excellent suggestions - but the Firebird architecture
should survive a power failure if writes are being forced to disk in the
correct order.  So I'm curious...

Good luck,

Ann
  • [firebird-support... Glenn Thomas Hvidsten g...@vensafe.no [firebird-support]