We using both gfix and gbak from windows service to perform routine maintenance
operations
 such as moving db to shutdown mode performing check and then backup then
online mode

 This works fine on Firebird 2.5.2 however it does not work on 2.5.3 & 2.5.4

 The gfix or gbak just start running then hangs for hours doing nothing till I
terminate the process

 The problem seems to exists on windows 7 & 8.1 don't know about other OS's

 I tried running the service using user account instead of the system account
but it did not help

 Does anyone has a suggestion or work around ?
  • [firebird-support] Ru... almogr...@yahoo.com [firebird-support]