Problem finally resolved by GBAK using the -g option to disable garbage
collection.  After creating my backup, I restored using GBAK and my problem
was completely resolved.

My question remains though.  Is it a bad idea to modify a database as
indicated above during heavy use?  Thank you.

  • [firebird... Caroline Beltran caroline.d.belt...@gmail.com [firebird-support]
    • [fir... Caroline Beltran caroline.d.belt...@gmail.com [firebird-support]
      • ... Caroline Beltran caroline.d.belt...@gmail.com [firebird-support]