Ann, another question.

If I must go back tot he 5.5 version of firebird, how can I gbak the new
backup-file to the old version?

Von: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com [mailto:firebird-support@yahoogroups.com]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 3. März 2016 17:53
An: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
Betreff: Re: [firebird-support] differences between firebird 2.5 cs and 3.0 rc2
ss

On Thu, Mar 3, 2016 at 11:16 AM, 'Checkmail' check_m...@satron.de
<mailto:check_m...@satron.de>  [firebird-support]
<firebird-support@yahoogroups.com <mailto:firebird-support@yahoogroups.com> >
wrote:

I’ve postet my problems with the new odbc driver and firebird 2.5 cs, the slow
queries and all other issus. Now I have installed the firebird 3.0 rc2, the
performance is great, superservers takes all cpu-cores and the problems now
banned. I have not changed anything, is this a result of the superserver or the
version 3 of firebird?

Both.  Firebird V3 introduces parallel execution of queries in SuperServer.
SuperServer was always multi-threaded but only one thread could run at any one
time even on a multi-processor server.  The benefit of threading in earlier
versions was that queries could be interleaved, so a long report didn't block
all other requests.  With V3, thread do run in parallel taking advantage of all
the processing power of a multi-core machine.

Glad things are working better for you!

Good luck,

Ann

  • [firebird-support]... 'Checkmail' check_m...@satron.de [firebird-support]