Thanks you Ann and Dmitry for your detailed answer - now i know exactly why
this happened.
I see that better is use separate indexes then composite in Firebird for range
scans.

2 more questions :)

1.
Ann you say that index have dbkey bat have it also transaction number or it
must access table data for that info
i ask - if Firebird can realize many to many join without look into
table(intermediate table) data e.g.
CREATE Table1(ID1 INTEGER PRIMARY KEY, FLD1 VARCHAR(10));
CREATE Table2(ID2 INTEGER PRIMARY KEY, FLD2 VARCHAR(10));

CREATE T1toT2(ID1 INTEGER, ID2 INTEGER); ID1 and ID2 are foreign keys (and have
indexes then)

and
SELECT
T1.FLD1, T2.FLD2
FROM
T1
INNER JOIN T1ToT2 TT ON TT.ID1=T1.ID1
INNER JOIN T2 ON T2.ID2=TT.T2

and if index contain transaction number then this join can be realized only by
using pages from:
T1, T2, and index pages on ID1, ID2 foreign keys without accessing T1ToT2 table
data pages

2.
Is this considered to change index structure for composite indexes?
Or there is no plan for it in near feature.
This have low priority i know - but i see that you consider create R-TREE
indexes - maybe this can be joined together ;-)
I know that this looks like separate tasks but..

regards,
Karol Bieniaszewski

  • Re: Re: [fireb... liviuslivius liviusliv...@poczta.onet.pl [firebird-support]
    • Re: Re: [... Ann Harrison aharri...@ibphoenix.com [firebird-support]