> Hi,
> is this possible to disable cache at all?
> I mean that all go from and to “HDD” without RAM between.

Checkout the FileSystemCacheThreshold configuration parameter in
firebird.conf. Set it to 0 and also use a small page buffers value.

Another area of RAM usage is for temporary data used by grouping,
sorting etc. If you also want to (almost) disable that area, watch out
the TempCacheLimit configuration parameter in firebird.conf.

--
With regards,
Thomas Steinmaurer

Professional Tools and Services for Firebird
FB TraceManager, IB LogManager, Database Health Check, Tuning etc.
  • [firebird-supp... liviusliv...@poczta.onet.pl [firebird-support]
    • Re: [fire... Thomas Steinmaurer t...@iblogmanager.com [firebird-support]
      • Re: [... liviusliv...@poczta.onet.pl [firebird-support]
        • R... Dimitry Sibiryakov s...@ibphoenix.com [firebird-support]