Roland,

the new Firebird 3 per-database security database capability/area is a bit
confusing or perhaps leads to wrong expectations, unfortunately.

When a user database acts itself also as a security database, this does not
mean that you get some sort of embedded user authentication as in InterBase,
that said, the expectation that you can move around the database and you are
not able to connect without knowing user credentials stored in the database
itself is wrong. I hope I'm wrong and stand corrected if I am, but I guess this
is how it works.

Although, the alternate security database approach makes a lot of sense e.g.
for (web) hosting companies, running several customer databases in an isolated
way from a user database perspective, without sharing the e.g. the SYSDBA user
across several customers. ;-)

--
With regards,
Thomas Steinmaurer

Professional Tools and Services for Firebird
FB TraceManager, IB LogManager, Database Health Check, Tuning etc.

'Mueller, Roland (GE87)' roland.muel...@honeywell.com [firebird-support]

    • ... Norman Dunbar nor...@dunbar-it.co.uk [firebird-support]
      • ... Virna Constantin costel...@yahoo.com [firebird-support]
    • ... Elmar Haneke el...@haneke.de [firebird-support]