We have a website that has been running over a decade on Firebird, starting
with 1.0.3.   Running on Windows, IIS with an ISAPI dll written in Delphi.   We
are in the process of upgrading to FB 3.0
   Using SuperServer in FB 1 we were required to use LocalHost:DatabaseName
for our connections.  Direct connections were said to be dangerous and not
thread safe.
   So all of our ISAPI connections, and our batch files to backup and restore,
etc. all used  localhost:DatabaseName.
   We just recently discovered that our GBAK restore time went from 5 hours
down to 35 minutes if we removed LocalHost from the database name on GBAK.
   I am trying to determine if it is safe to remove LocalHost from our database
connections in our ISAPI dll.    A quick test shows it works, but is it safe?
   Under Firebird 3.0 is there any reason to use localhost: vs just the
database name?
  Thanks for any tips.

 --Pete
  • [firebird-support... p...@royston.com [firebird-support]