Hi Dmitry

I am progressing with solving this one, the first issue was related with a
config variable reserving most of the ram upfront, hence there was no ram
available for the DB cache. The second issue was misinterpreting what the
following meant:

# File system cache size
# Note that the lowest number presently supported is 10%, and the highest number
# is 95%; numbers outside these limits will be set to the default of 30%.

First interpretation on the above was the variable must be between 0 and 1, as
50% in math is usually written as 0.5, but then the following made it confusing:
# Type: integer, measured in % of total physical RAM

Where it says "integer" it complicated things, as it would not make sense to
have a percentage forced to be integer, as there would be no way to represent
40.5% for instance. So I assume the value is an integer because it is
representing bytes, and bytes cannot have decimals.

Anyways, as I play along with different configurations I am finding the FB 3
server VERY responsive interms of multiusers, I am glad the SMP efforts are
showing very interesting performance, so congrats to all the development
team!!!!!!

As a test I am using IBexpert to compare the data between the FB 2.54 DB and
the 3.0, it is a 80 GB database, and at the same time I am loading users on the
FB 3 database, and the performance is almost as good as running without any
other parallel process, so I am very impressed.

Cheers
Fabian