  From: fabia...@itbizolutions.com.au [firebird-support]
  To: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Monday, June 13, 2016 4:34 AM
  Subject: [firebird-support] FB 3 - Adding anew User

  Hi All,

  I have configured the FB 3 server to only accept SRP connections and need to
add a new User to the security DB, I read GSEC is not the way, and I have tried
with isql but for some reason I am not having luck, I am trying the following:

  I created a script into a file as follows:

  SET SQL DIALECT 3;
  SET NAMES UTF8;
  SET CLIENTLIB 'C:\Temp\FB32Bits\fbclient.dll';   (this dll is 32 bits dll,
but the server is 64 bits, and I use the 32 bits dll because IBexpert is 32
bits)

  CONNECT '127.0.0.1/3050:My_New_DB_Configured_Properly_in_Databases.conf' USER
'SYSDBA' PASSWORD 'NewPassNotMasterkey';

  CREATE USER NUCLEUSCRM PASSWORD 'WhateverPassword'   ;

  COMMIT work ;

  The above fails when executed from IBExpert script executive, the error is:

  "Unsuccessful execution caused by a system error that precludes successful
execution of subsequent statements.
  Your user name and password are not defined. Ask your database administrator
to set up a Firebird login."

  Its funny because IBexpert is connecting fine to the DB, and the following
config is in place:

  AuthServer = Srp
  AuthClient = Srp
  UserManager = Srp

  So the only way to connect is with the new security model, and IBExpert is
connecting when restoring the DB, but when running script into the DB something
does not work. Any ideas?

  Cheers,
  Fabian

  • [firebird-s... fabia...@itbizolutions.com.au [firebird-support]