Still haven't answered my visibility question - but figured out the brilliant bug I implemented which caused me to question things. I have a primary key defined as a Smallint and an associated generator. You've probably already know what's coming...

This table has a high amount of inserts/deletes. Which rapidly increments the generator...which results in overflow errors. So...note to self: Either use a generator-based primary key sized to accommodate the traffic, or don't use a generator - use a composite PK which is sufficiently unique. Adding a dedicated unique field for PK's may be elegant...but has issues for high traffic. Which I would have figured out if I'd thought it through...
--
Daniel
  • Re: was [firebird-... 'Daniel Miller' dmil...@amfes.com [firebird-support]