Hello,

I work on software that uses the engine Firebird 2.1.5. The software runs
on the network as a server-client. In both cases, the firebird software
logs on to the database as a user SYSDBA. When repairing a damaged
database, one of the steps is "block access to the database"

I use: gfix damaged.fdb -shut -force 240 -user SYSDBA -password masterkey

Before making repair the database checked the database are logged 2 users
SYSDBA (server and client). In this case, the command gfix not block access
to the database - not disconnect the user SYSDBA client.

Recommendation:
isql c: \ Progra ~ 1 \ Novitus \ Soga \ Database \ gastro.fdb -user SYSDBA
-password masterkey
show users;
// Shows 2 registered users SYSDBA

What command to use before taking any remedial action on the database
Firebird to disconnect a user SYSDBA (client)?

Regards,
Maciej Lik
  • [firebird-sup... 'maciej...@gmail.com' maciej...@gmail.com [firebird-support]
    • Re: [fir... Dimitry Sibiryakov s...@ibphoenix.com [firebird-support]