We are using NHibernate and firebird with C# code.

We have a server application that run 24/7. Our problem is that sometimes
we get an exception from when starting new transaction:
FirebirdSql.Data.FirebirdClient.FbException (0x80004005): Error reading
data from the connection.

We always dispose the nhibernate session. The problem is that it is not
able to recover from this failure unless we set pooling to
false(Pooling=false;). This is of course not desirable.

I see that there is a bug filed for the ADO.net Provider:
http://tracker.firebirdsql.org/browse/DNET-678

Is this the cause, and if so when will this be fixed?

Also is there any good ways to work around this problem?

--
Jardar Maatje
Nortek Data Services AS