Hi,

I am trying to figure out the amount of free space within my database, so that
I can detect when I'm nearing exhausting the disk space. I'm using
firebird-v2.5.2.

I know that (total_pages * page_size) = size on disk. This doesn't tell me how
many of those allocated pages are free. If I delete a large number of records,
the file size remains the same but pages should be freed internally. It is this
free space I need to measure. While gstat gives me the number of data pages for
each table, this *doesn't* include BLOB pages (which are the bulk of my data).
How can I count BLOB pages?

Thanks,
BC

  • [firebird-support... Bryan Cole bryan.c...@teraview.com [firebird-support]