Hey I have finally had some more time to look into the problem I have been
having, and have isolated and reproduced the problem. The cause of the problem
seams to be a Varchar(36) ID column containing a guid/uuid.

 Steps to reproduce:
 1) Create a table(TEST) with a single varchar(36) column named ID (not null).

 2) Load the table with data 4000000 rows using this: (select lower(
uuid_to_char(gen_uuid())) from rdb$database);

 3) Creat a primary key on the ID column.
 4) Delete all rows in "TEST" with delete from test and commit
 5) from another connection issue "select count(*) from test"

 This will cause the database server to become unstable and hang for minutes at
a time, where no new connections is made and no other queries get processed.
 To observe this behavior, i wrote a small program that would select
current_timestamp from the server(select current_timestamp from mon$database)
and print how long time it took to the console. Then sleep for 500ms and then
select the time time again. This loop ran during step 4 and 5.

 I am unsure if there is a solution to this problem, or should I just create it
as a bug in the tracker?

 //Thomas
  • Re: [fire... 'paul.mercea-almexa.ro' paul.mer...@almexa.ro [firebird-support]
  • [firebird... hv...@users.sourceforge.net [firebird-support]