  From: Luke Crooks l...@solentwholesale.com [firebird-support]
  To: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Monday, February 06, 2017 6:24 AM
  Subject: [firebird-support] Migrating a 2.5 server

  So currently I have firebird 2.5 installed and running on Windows, working
fine but performance is a bit slow.

  I have installed 2.5 on Ubuntu, and I can connect to the current database
with ISQL easily:

connect "192.168.155.112:C:\database\database.FDB" user 'SYSDBA' password
'adminpassword';
So I stopped the firebird services on the Windows server, copied the file to
the Ubuntu server, and in isql tried to run:

SQL> connect "localhost:/var/lib/firebird/2.5/data/database.FDB" user 'SYSDBA'
password 'adminpassword';
Statement failed, SQLSTATE = m
file /var/lib/firebird/2.5/data/database.FDB is not a valid database
Note I have so far tried:

~$ sudo adduser `id -un` firebird
[sudo] password for luke:
The user `luke' is already a member of `firebird'.
As well as

# chown firebird /var/lib/firebird/2.5/data/database.fdb
With no luck, if anyone has any idea as to why I might be getting this error, I
would be very grateful :)

  I am not sure if Super or Classic was used on Windows, however I have tried
using both on Ubuntu with the same error message. Windows server version 2.5.6,
same version on Linux

  Luke Crooks

  • [firebird... Luke Crooks l...@solentwholesale.com [firebird-support]
    • Re: ... 'Carlos H. Cantu' lis...@warmboot.com.br [firebird-support]