Hi

The problem I'm trying to solve is users leaving inactive db_workbench
sessions attached to a database while other work is going on by other
processes, causing a large OIT gap and the consequent problems. The
solution needs to be automatic and unattended.

db_workbench doesn't have a timeout setting (I asked)

deleting the row from mon$statements doesn't kill the transaction;
deleting the row from mon$transactions or mon$attachments gives "operation
not supported"

I could automate a kill of the fb_inetserver process but I would rather
something with less risk

I figure other people have had this and solved it before, I hope.

currently using firebird 2.1 on centos, shortly moving to 2.5
  • [firebird-support] ... Nick Upson n...@telensa.com [firebird-support]