Kjell,

> We're in need of a tool where we can author sequences of SQL queries
> against FB and non-DB commands like file operations etc. I'd like to call them
> "batch runs" to perform recurring tasks.
>
> Do you know of such tools or what that kind of tool would be called in
> general?
>
> We need to be able to schedule some runs. Others need to be triggered by
> e.g. the appearance of a file in a local or FTP/SFTP folder. Yet others need
> be executed ad hoc, i.e. started manually.
>
> We also need to be able to enter conditions/checks between each step, to
> check results, e.g. reasonable number of affected records, and bail out or at
> least send a warning e-mail message to me if something goes wrong or looks
> suspicious.

You could look at the IBExpert IBEScript tool, it has a lot of functionality
that you could leverage, alone or together with some PowerShell scripts (forget
batch files -- PS is much more powerful, though initially confusing).

Sean

  • [firebir... Kjell Rilbe kjell.ri...@marknadsinformation.se [firebird-support]
    • Re:... Slavomir Skopalik skopa...@elektlabs.cz [firebird-support]
    • Re:... Dimitry Sibiryakov s...@ibphoenix.com [firebird-support]