Hi!

My question is the result of the investigation of the database that froze
during backup (as reported in
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/firebird-support/conversations/topics/131840

 Backup froze during backup of two tables and both of those tables had large
gstat "max version" table parameter - it was 1400 for one table and 550 for the
other table. All the remaining tables had 0 values.

Are such values for max version dangerous? What can I do and what should I do
not to avoid such large max version values?

I have observed that there are errors in Firebird.log during backup of this
database:
Warning: Pointer page bits are not consistent with data page
Error: Chain for record is broken in table
Error: Record is marked as damaged in table

But errors diasppear after backup/restore - till the next time (after several
week) when the backup is being made and when the freezing occurs again on the
same tables during backup.

So - because errors disappear, I should conclude that database in good state
but something bad occurs during time between two backups. Maybe some special
sequence of SQL commands creates such errors?

No clear idea what to do?

  • [firebird-suppor... jonatan.laurit...@yahoo.dk [firebird-support]
    • RE: [firebi... 'Paul Beach' pbe...@mail.ibphoenix.com [firebird-support]
    • Re: [firebi... Dimitry Sibiryakov s...@ibphoenix.com [firebird-support]