---In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, <projorge@...> wrote :

 > Hi, > I'm trying to put the embedded version running on android,
 > but FB is allwys trying to connect to localhost.
 >

 > The FB files are located on the app files folder
 >
 > files/firebird/libfbclient.so

 > files/firebird/firebird.msg

 > files/firebird/plugins/ libEngine12.so
 > files/firebird/intl/fbintl. conf
 > files/firebird/intl/libfbintl. so
 /*The icu files are not in the distributed tar */
  This is wrong structure, where do you get it ?

  For correct structure look at android build here

https://github.com/FirebirdSQL/firebird/releases/download/R3_0_3/Firebird-3.0.3.32900-0.arm.tar.gz

https://github.com/FirebirdSQL/firebird/releases/download/R3_0_3/Firebird-3.0.3.32900-0.arm.tar.gz

  It contains subfolders :
/bin with executables (you don't need it for embedded),
/lib with libfbclient.so (you don't have it and this is the reason for errors
you see)

 > When I try to create a local database, trough IBPP, I'm getting the follow
 > error:

 > Error message:
 > SQL Message : -902

 > can't format message 13:98 -- message file /data/data/com.fb.test/files/
 > firebird.msg not found
 > /* FB is trying to pick the firebird.msg form files and not from
 > files/firebird, where the libfbclient.so is located ??!!?!?!?*/

  Because firebird.msg is looked at one folder above libfbclient.so. If you put
libfbclient.so into /lib
(files/firebird/lib in your case) it will start to work as it should.

 > Engine Code    : 335544721

 > Engine Message :
 > Unable to complete network request to host "localhost".
 > Failed to establish a connection.

   Because libfbclient.so is in wrong place, it can't find and load plugin
libEngine12.so, therefore
it tries to use next provider from default list - Loopback. Loopback provider
add "localhost:" to the
connection string and thus the error above.

 > What is wrong about my embedded structure,

  Hope it is clear now

> and what are the rules to use the embedded connection ?

  Nothing special, i'd say ;)

Regards,
Vlad

  • [firebird-support] ... Jorge Gonçalves projo...@gmail.com [firebird-support]