Hi !

Let me consult my experienced colleagues. I need to have a read only login
(read all views and tables) for specifc application connection. Some those
views executes procedures internally. So, in this case, select grant is not
enough. In order to have an work arround, I could grant execute procedure
to the login, but when doing that, new privileges were  necessary to
resolve all queries into procedure (used in my call or not), including
update privileges, since it is used for several functions.
On the other hand, I heard there is something considering Firebird 3 that
could be solving my problem. Something like create an login with sysdba
privileges and flag it with readonly user. Could you please help me with
any idea ?

Thank you so mych.
  • ... Alexandre Vinhaes - Tecnico - Tecnologia alexandre.vinh...@cipa.com.br [firebird-support]
    • ... Dimitry Sibiryakov s...@ibphoenix.com [firebird-support]