From: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:firebird-supp...@yahoogroups..com]
Sent: Freitag, 23. Februar 2018 12:33
To: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [firebird-support] causes for disabled indexes

I know from experience that a restore can sometimes leave indexes in a disabled
state, and you would usually get an error when trying to activate it as it was
left disabled during the restore phase due to a minor data issue. The
errorlevel returned by GBAK is greater than 0 so you can detect when this has
happened without having to check all the indexes.

We see this with our firebird databases on occasion, it's preferable to the
restore just failing and having to be run again without restoring indexes and
manually identifying and dealing with the data issue then turning all the
indexes back on again. It seems to be minor data issues that cause the index
gets left disabled by GBAK, bigger issues and the restore will just stop with
an error.

Cheers,

Neil Pickles