>>I guess the reason is that user may have existing indexes on fields using the
>>domain. Changing the collate would need to have the indexes rebuilt,
>>otherwise they would be "corrupted". So, to avoid that, FB >>doesn't allow
>>such changes.

Yes, that can be the reason but i think something like this
will be also not possible - if you change datatype of domain not only collation
– i think.
But this should be possible by introduce command like
ALTER DOMAIN ALTER TYPE VARCHAR(150) COLLATION PXW_PLK REBUILD; <- here we add
rebuild command.
But i think about BLR – is colltion compiled into blr of procedures and
triggers?
If yes then also this objects should be rebuilded by “REBUILD” command.
Now doing something like this makes you have a headache
regards,
Karol Bieniaszewski

  • [firebird-supp... liviuslivius liviusliv...@poczta.onet.pl [firebird-support]
    • RE: [fire... 'Primoz Jenko' primoz.je...@domplan.si [firebird-support]