Currently we have several FIREBIRD Databases on premise. We are now looking to
replicate one of our on premise Firebird environments to AWS.

On Premise we are running Firebird 2.5.4 Classic on Linux CENTOS

CPU – 64 cores

Memory – 256GB

Disk – 9TB Raid 10 array.

We typically have around 120 connections at peak times.

This DB is mainly for reporting, so there are a good portion of reports are
long running queries, and many are not so long running queries.

Now on AWS you now have many options for the EC2 instances.

I am looking for guidance as to which EC2 instance would be a good fit, and
anyone has come across documentation on running Firebird on AWS. I came across
the Firebird_Hardware_Guide_IBSurgeon.pdf but that doesn’t speak to using it on
AWS EC2.

Thank you in advance.

-Edward Mendez

  • RE: [... edmende...@gmail.com [firebird-support]