On 2018-05-31 17:51, Chuck Belanger phytot...@lanset.com
[firebird-support] wrote:
> Hello:
>
> Per googling and Carlos Cantu's FB3 Migration Guide (page: 110), we are
> still allowed to set RDB$PROCEDURE_SOURCE = null, and yet when trying
> do just that on my app's converted FB2.5 to FB3 database, I am getting
> "update not allowed on Systems tables." ISC ERROR CODE 335545030
>
> I noticed a mention that at some point there will be another option to
> blank out this metadata information, but more likely in FB4.
>
> To make this issue more interesting, from within IB_Expert, I can do an
> update of the RDB$Procedures table on one converted DB, but not on the
> working DB. As far as I can tell the tables and DB are essentially the
> same.
>
> Does anyone know what is going on here? Is there another way to blank
> out the Procedure source code?

What is the full Firebird version used, and exactly what was the
statement used?

As an aside, deleting those sources may make it harder to find out
exactly what the stored procedure etc does, but a determined person can
still reverse engineer it from the BLR. You should ask yourself if you
should go through the trouble of deleting, and why.

Mark
      • Re... Chuck Belanger phytot...@lanset.com [firebird-support]
        • ... Helen Borrie hele...@iinet.net.au [firebird-support]
          • ... Chuck Belanger phytot...@lanset.com [firebird-support]