On 09/08/18 16:42, DougC d...@moosemail.net [firebird-support] wrote:
> In light of the current problem of duplicate messages being sent out,
> I'd like to bring up the idea of changing platforms from the Yahoo
> Groups platform. Many other mailing lists I receive used to use Yahoo
> Groups but have moved elsewhere over the past few years due to recurring
> issues with Yahoo. I think the Firebird lists are the only ones I
> subscribe to that have not done this.
>
> How should we explore this? I this idea of interest to other subscribers
> or admins?

While yahoo has it's problems, it's use 'email only' works for many of
us and I for one have dropped lists which have moved to other more web
based services. I like the way I can come down in the morning and see
what needs to be dealt with. Even duplicate messages are easy to spot
and remove leaving me with a tidy archive that goes back to late 90's on
some lists.

While groups.io have a price list it's not something I will be looking
to transfer to. All to easy for them to start charging for every list at
some point ... I've simply dropped the lists that have moved ...

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL
-----------------------------
Contact - https://lsces.co.uk/wiki/?page=contact