On 9-8-2018 17:42, DougC d...@moosemail.net [firebird-support] wrote:

> In light of the current problem of duplicate messages being sent out,
> I'd like to bring up the idea of changing platforms from the Yahoo
> Groups platform. Many other mailing lists I receive used to use Yahoo
> Groups but have moved elsewhere over the past few years due to recurring
> issues with Yahoo. I think the Firebird lists are the only ones I
> subscribe to that have not done this.
>
> How should we explore this? I this idea of interest to other subscribers
> or admins?

Some of the sub-projects have moved from the sourceforge mailing lists
to Google Groups (which can also be used as a mailing list). However we
(as project admins) have - at the moment - no plans to move
firebird-support away from Yahoo Groups.

Also, what looks to be temporary hick ups in a service that has worked
relatively well for the past 18 years (since November 2000) is not a
good enough reason to move a mailing list with 7500+ subscribers,
especially given the fact that 1) because of the GDPR we can't simply
resubscribe everyone on a new list, 2) we'd lose the archive, and 3)
it'd cause a lot of confusion + other issues.

If the service continues to be degraded, we'll start a discussion if and
how to address that.

Mark

--
Mark Rotteveel