On 18-8-2018 13:17, Alexandre Vinhaes - Tecnico - Tecnologia
alexandre.vinh...@cipa.com.br [firebird-support] wrote:
> Sorry for that Mark.
>
> I have a complex situation here. Users can connect to production
> Firebird (HQBird) db with sysdba standard password via Tableau and Java
> application. I'm sure I dont have any sysdba account with standard
> password. I have searched by local security3.fdb and in the server. Not
> found. On the other hand, I have created users on related firebird
> database and they are not recognized by Tableau and Java app. I dont
> know why. Is there another server file that retain passwords diferent of
> security3.fdb?  Detail, by IBExpert I can see users created and I can
> connect normally with correct sysdba password and with those users created.
> Could you help me with that issue ?
>
> Thank you so much.

Your mention of security3.fdb indicates you are using Firebird 3, which
has multiple authentication models (Srp, Legacy_Auth). A user can be
created under each authentication model, with different passwords.

It sounds like you are using Jaybird 2.2.x, and it's authenticating with
the legacy SYSDBA account which still has the default password. Your new
users don't work because you created them as SRP users.

You either need to upgrade to Jaybird 3.0.x so you can authenticate with
SRP, or you need to make sure you create your users with the right user
manager (and don't forget to change the password of the legacy SYSDBA
account, or even drop the legacy SYSDBA user).

Mark
--
Mark Rotteveel
  • ... Alexandre Vinhaes - Tecnico - Tecnologia alexandre.vinh...@cipa.com.br [firebird-support]