Mark, thanks for the heads up .

Trying to use the service manager was a last/unknown resort as I never
used it .

The problem was (I guess) using a network connection. Using a local one
just did it.

root@camaleeon:/opt/firebird/bin# ./gbak -user SYSDBA -password
'mypassword' -c -v   mybackup-file.fbk  mydb

It was a hard ride to digest the Migration Guide in two days.

Thank you.

Pablo

  • [firebird-support] ... pab...@adinet.com.uy [firebird-support]
    • Re: [firebird-... Mark Rotteveel m...@lawinegevaar.nl [firebird-support]