On 11/09/18 00:48, Svein Erling Tysvær setys...@gmail.com
[firebird-support] wrote:
> Hi Hamish!
>
> What exactly do you mean by "The queries kind of don't
> actually conflict"? If they're trying to MERGE into the same row
> simultaneously, then they do actually conflict, even if they contain
> the same values. Strictly speaking, I think you have a 'lock conflict'
> and not a 'deadlock' (a proper deadlock would be more if transaction A
> has updated record a and waits to update record b, when transaction B
> has updated record b and waits to update record a).
>
> One way to solve lock conflicts can sometimes be to insert into a
> separate table (never update) and then have a separate batch process
> that goes through this table and updates the real tables monthly,
> daily or every hour. But I've no idea whether this is of any help in
> your situation.

Hi Set,

I mean that at high level they don't conflict because they write the
same values. From Firebird's point of view obviously they do conflict. I
say a deadlock because that is what is being reported by Firebird in the
error message;

SQLCODE: -913
- deadlock
- update conflicts with concurrent update
- concurrent transaction number is 22464

Unfortunately your journal / batch update solution doesn't help in my
case. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Hamish
  • [firebird-su... 'Hamish Moffatt' ham...@risingsoftware.com [firebird-support]
    • RE: [fi... Hugo Eyng hugoe...@msn.com [firebird-support]