On Tue, 2018-12-18 at 12:12 +0100, Dimitry Sibiryakov s...@ibphoenix.com
[firebird-support] wrote:

18.12.2018 12:04, 'Bryan  Cole'
bryan.c...@teraview.com<mailto:bryan.c...@teraview.com> [firebird-support]
wrote:

[mypc]$ isql-fb -u test -p test -r rdb$admin localhost:mydatabase

Database: localhost:mydatabase, User: TEST

   At first, role rdb$admin wasn't granted to this user and applied how you can
see in

second quoted line.

   At second, grants are per-database, so the role must be granted in the
database that

keeps list of users.

OK, Thanks for the comments. I don't understand what I need to do different to
fix these things.

The v2.5 docs indicate I should simple append "GRANT ADMIN ROLE" when I create
the test-user in order to grant the RDB$ADMIN role.

Are the docs incorrect or out-of-date for v3.0.x?

This doesn't work for me:

[mypc]$ isql-fb -u SYSDBA -p mydbapassword localhost:mydatabase

Database: localhost:mydatabase, User: SYSDBA

SQL>

SQL> ALTER USER test GRANT RDB$ADMIN ROLE;

Statement failed, SQLSTATE = 42000

Dynamic SQL Error

-SQL error code = -104

-Token unknown - line 1, column 23

-RDB$ADMIN

SQL> exit;

If there is documentation explaining how this works in firebird-v3 (I didn't
have a problem in v2.5), please help me with a link to it.

This also doesn't work:

[mypc]$ isql-fb -u SYSDBA -p mydbapassword localhost:mydatabase

Database: localhost:mydatabase, User: SYSDBA

SQL> GRANT RDB$ADMIN TO test;

SQL> commit;

SQL> exit;

[mypc]$ isql-fb -u test -p test -r rdb$admin localhost:mydatabase

Database: localhost:mydatabase, User: TEST

SQL> create user owner password 'owner';

Statement failed, SQLSTATE = 28000

add record error

-no permission for INSERT access to TABLE PLG$VIEW_USERS

SQL>

If someone could post an example of the actual correct approach to achieving a
non-SYSDBA user who can create/drop other users,

I'd be most grateful.

Thanks,

Bryan

--

Group Leader, Technical Development Group - Teraview Ltd.
Platinum Building, St. John's Innovation Park, Cambridge CB4 0DS, UK.

...preferred document formats: ODF (ISO/IEC 26300:2006), PDF
  • [firebird-supp... 'Bryan Cole' bryan.c...@teraview.com [firebird-support]
    • Re: [fire... Dimitry Sibiryakov s...@ibphoenix.com [firebird-support]
      • Re: [... Mark Rotteveel m...@lawinegevaar.nl [firebird-support]
        • R... 'Bryan Cole' bryan.c...@teraview.com [firebird-support]