<<I have a few older FB databases that will need upgrading to later versions.
They are pretty large, and most have between 500-1,000 stored procedures.  Some
contain many tables with millions of rows of data.  This is not likely to be a
small undertaking.  Although I realize there are services out there that I can
pay to do this, I'd like to do it myself simply because I have to manage these
databases going forward.
Is there any documentation regarding doing upgrades like this available for
review?  This is all on Linux and I realize that this process will take some
time, so I may need interim support for DBs on upgraded Linux OS versions as I
progress through this, but I'd like to be able to plan out the migration.
If anyone can point me to any slides, papers, presentations, etc. that might
help with this, it would be greatly appreciated.>>

http://www.ibphoenix.com/files/conf2016/upgrading-Cisar-2016.pdf

Regards
Paul

  • [firebird-... my...@techsol.org [firebird-support]