Firstly I realize I am asking for support on a very old Firebird version that
is no longer supported.  However I'm in a situation where the upgrading of
these FB 1.5 databases to 3.x will take some time, and I need to get an interim
solution in place.

 I have been successfully able to get FB 1.5 installed and running on CentOS 7.
 This was not an easy task, because CentOS 7 is 64 bit only, yet has the
ability to support older 32 bit applications.  It required a lot of searching
out libraries for 32 compatibility that FB required (compat-libstdc++-33,
ncurses, etc.).  After a lot of work, I managed to get this so that FB 1.5
would install and with the addition of xinetd I got it running.  I thought I
was out of the woods....

 Then came some UDF compatibility issues.  This is where things got really
weird, and where I need some help or at least anyone who may have been down a
similar path to chime in on some suggestions.

 I was able to get all the UDF functions working for fbudf that comes with
Firebird 1.5.  They install and I can call them, and they work just fine.  Then
I tried to do the same for rfunc, and of course that didn't work.  I did some
searching and found the audfl project that replaces rfunc, so I installed that.

 A couple of interesting things showed up....  First attempting to reference
the library files don't work because for some reason Firebird 1.5 is requiring
that the files be prefixed with 'lib' and suffixed with '.so'.  Strangely this
was not the case with fbudf.  I'm wondering if it has something to do with the
way the UDF was compiled, but anyway I was able to get the UDF for audfl to be
recognized by making a copy of the 32 bit version and renaming it as libaudfl.so

 However that doesn't seem to be enough.  Now on attempting to call a function,
it fails with the regular message I would expect if the function library just
isn't working:

 Invalid token.
 invalid request BLR at offset 58.
 function LONGSTRREPLACE is not defined.
 module name or entrypoint could not be found.

 Interestingly any attempt to call any function in this library gives the same
"invalid request BLR at offset 58" regardless of the function.

 If anyone has managed to do a FB installation on CentOS 7, particularly if it
is an older FB version, I'd love to know if you encountered similar issues and
how you got around them.  Or if you have a suggestion of something I'm
overlooking, I'm all ears.

 Thanks in advance for any help.

 Myles