On 20-1-2019 22:35, Helen Borrie hele...@iinet.net.au [firebird-support]
wrote:
> Firebird 3 allows configuration at both client and server for some
> parameters, including these two.  Changes to these parameters must be
> done at the client side for your situation. If you plan to use the
> same Firebird setup on the Linus server as a client for databases on
> both 2.5 and 3.0 servers, you'll need to configure records there in
> databases.conf, specific to each.  (You could set them globally in
> firebird.conf but that would, of course, restrict the options for
> accessing diverse remote databases.)

Testing on Windows, the Firebird client makes no attempt to read any
databases.conf (checked with procmon). As far as I can tell,
databases.conf is purely for configuring Firebird server and has no
influence on configuring the client.

Why do you think that databases.conf can also be used to configure the
client? And if it should, but doesn't seem read it on Windows, is that a
bug?

Mark
--
Mark Rotteveel