On 25/02/2019 12:21, Mark Rotteveel m...@lawinegevaar.nl
[firebird-support] wrote:
> Or you could just try it to see if it helps. You have repeatedly posted
> similar problems over the last few months, and I don't get the
> impression you made any progress on it.

I have been making progress, but mainly getting the development platform
working again on Leap 15.0 ... As it happens 15.1 does nothing for
Firebird ... it still has 3.0.2 as the best version available. 15.1 has
done nothing to fix the graphics problems either. The 4 screens come up
in the wrong order and while I could move cables around there are other
two screen machines in parallel and the 'new' suse default means the
pairs end up split. Why can't they simply leave working hardware alone
.... but then one is expected to buy new kit every year or so? I've been
using this monitor and KVM setup for several years and apart from an
extender playing up which I've NOW sorted while waiting on 15.1 it works
fine ...

SO ... since as has been said on the dev list RPM's from Firebird were
dropped, just what is the best way to upgrade from 3.0.2 while
maintaining compatibility with the SUSE infrastructure. At the end of
the day this is about producing a crib sheet I can rely on to upgrade
all of the machines and keep them as identical as possible. Much as I
used to do for w2k servers all those years ago!

A search for firebird on Leap 15.1 packages does not even give a result
and across all versions only returns the PHP clients. But I know I've
seen a repo for databases with 3.0.4 in ... so now to find where it is
.... OH and reset everything so that PHP works after the upgrade!

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL
      • Re: [fir... Dimitry Sibiryakov s...@ibphoenix.com [firebird-support]