Hi. I've installed Firebird 3.0.4 x64 on VPS,and got slow performance with our
app changes made in firebird.conf:    TcpRemoteBufferSize = 32767
WireCompression = true + restart firebird service  in client connection (.NET
connector): I put     Compression=True I have zlib1.dll in app folder
I've installed also mysql 8 and postgres 11(with default configuration ),and
setup a simple table with 10 records for each

CREATE TABLE city (  ID bigint NOT NULL,  Name CHAR(35) NOT NULL,  PRIMARY KEY
(ID));
INSERT INTO city VALUES (1,'Kabul');INSERT INTO city VALUES
(2,'Qandahar');INSERT INTO city VALUES (3,'Herat');INSERT INTO city VALUES
(4,'Mazar-e-Sharif');INSERT INTO city VALUES (5,'Amsterdam');INSERT INTO city
VALUES (6,'Rotterdam');INSERT INTO city VALUES (7,'Haag');INSERT INTO city
VALUES (8,'Utrecht');INSERT INTO city VALUES (9,'Eindhoven');INSERT INTO city
VALUES (10,'Tilburg');
I've run this query for 15 times on every server:SELECT first 1 name from city
where id=5 (fb)
select name from city where id=5 limit 1 (mysql+pg)

 and got this result:
firebird:    3.0822 secpostgres : 0.0754 secmysql:      0.0874 sec as seen fb
is much slower,with or without WireCompression I see no change the result is
identical,seems to me that WireCompression is not turned on
any help there?thanks
  • [firebi... 'Mr. John' mr_joh...@yahoo.com [firebird-support]
    • Re... Mark Rotteveel m...@lawinegevaar.nl [firebird-support]
            • ... Dimitry Sibiryakov s...@ibphoenix.com [firebird-support]