On Apr 16, 2019, at 4:40 AM, respekt...@post.cz [firebird-support]
<firebird-support@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

> Hi, thank you for reply
>
> But this ordering totaly damage the tree structure
>
> Because PORADI is only relative to parent node, so all child nodes starting
> with 1
>
> If I change the query as you recommend, the set is sorted in way
> 1. all first nodes
> 2. all second nodes
> 3. all third nodes
>
> Any other advices??
>
> Thank you,
> Tomas
It sounds like you are forgetting that in SQL, the order of rows is considered
unimportant unless there is an explicit order specified AT THAT QUERY (and not
in a sub-query used to build that query). That is the nature of the language.
If you want the rows in a particular order, then you need to generate something
that give it that order.

Any order outside that rule is just a coincidence.

For instance, a sort code for the 3rd node below the 2nd node below node 1
could be 1.0203 (assuming that no node has more than 99 children). Or, if no
node has more than 26 children, something like ABC
  • [firebird-suppo... respekt...@post.cz [firebird-support]
    • [firebird-... respekt...@post.cz [firebird-support]
      • Re: [f... Svein Erling Tysvær setys...@gmail.com [firebird-support]
        • [f... respekt...@post.cz [firebird-support]