Hi,

The plan is using ORDER, it read through index, in my system, i need to
load 1 millions of records and i only expect the server to read 1 millions
of records only, not all the data in the table. I already use high speed m2
SSD Samsung EVO 860 series, it still need a lot of time to load.
The problem is why firebird need to read all data in the table to give me 1
million of data
I've been investigating more on this, i've tried to use this query :
SELECT
  TBAT_ITM.NOMOR,
  ASCII_CHAR(13) || ASCII_CHAR(10)
FROM TBAT_ITM
WHERE TBAT_ITM.TANGGAL_CETAK IS NULL
ORDER BY TBAT_ITM.NOMOR
ROWS 1 TO 1000

This should be return 1000 records only, it reads all the records too and
return only 1000 record, i think the problem is with the TANGGAL_CETAK not
being indexed, i did not create index on it, but should i need to create an
index on all column needed in the where clause?

i've tried this query too
SELECT
  TBAT_ITM.NOMOR,
  ASCII_CHAR(13) || ASCII_CHAR(10)
FROM TBAT_ITM
WHERE TBAT_ITM.KODE_MESIN IS NULL
ROWS 1 TO 1000

i've added index on KODE_MESIN, and this query result 1000 index read, so i
see that i need to add index on every field where needed by the where
clause, any suggestion for best practise or something i need to consider

How is firebird handle index? When new data inserted in a table with an
index, should i still need to do reindex when a lot new data inserted, let
say 50 millions of data inserted over time?

Thank you

  • [firebird-s... Iwan Cahyadi Sugeng iwan.c.sug...@gmail.com [firebird-support]
    • Re: [f... liviuslivius liviusliv...@poczta.onet.pl [firebird-support]
      • Re... Iwan Cahyadi Sugeng iwan.c.sug...@gmail.com [firebird-support]