Hi all

I have firebird 3 installed on a server ADE-VM

I run isql from my machine and connect to a test database on C: without
error
But when I try to connect to a copy of the test database on E: it gives
the following error.

I do not know why the drive makes a difference. The firebird.conf file
has databaseaccess=full (default)

I can open both databases on the remote server itself.

Thanks for any assistance
Tony

SQL> CONNECT \\ADE-VM\C:\T\CASHMANAGER.FDB user SYSDBA password masterkey;
Database: \\ADE-VM\C:\T\CASHMANAGER.FDB, User: SYSDBA
SQL> CONNECT \\ADE-VM\E:\T\CASHMANAGER.FDB user SYSDBA password masterkey;
Commit current transaction (y/n)?n
Rolling back work.
Statement failed, SQLSTATE = 08006
Unable to complete network request to host "E".
-Failed to locate host machine.
-The specified name was not found in the hosts file or Domain Name Services.

  • [firebird-suppor... Tony Christiansen t...@adegroup.com.au [firebird-support]
    • [firebird-s... Rustam rusta...@ukr.net [firebird-support]
      • Re: [fi... Tony Christiansen t...@adegroup.com.au [firebird-support]
        • [fi... Rustam rusta...@ukr.net [firebird-support]