On 10/6/2019 9:49 AM, Rune Horneland rune.hornel...@kravia.net
[firebird-support] wrote:

> Hi,
> We are running Firebird 2 in an Azure VM. It can only take so much in
> terms of concurrent connections.
> What top-level advice would you give to scale this?
>
> We are connecting to it from a .NET core Middleware using Azure VMs.
> The architecture of the middleware is quite monolithic. We are
> considering rewriting it with Microservices and Azure functions or
> similar architecure, but are unsure how we could scale the Firebird DB
> or connections itself.
> Multiple casehandlers in our company use it via a Delphi-based Windows
> application at the other end, with a vendor maintaining the Firebird DB
> and Windows app development, so we are locked into using Firebird.

"Locked into using Firebird"...you say that like it's a bad thing!

Can you provide some more details of your usage? Things like:

1. Current number of current connections
2. Desired number of connections
3. Current database size
4. Details of the virtual host - O/S, RAM, filesystem, HD type.

--
Daniel

  • [firebird-supp... Rune Horneland rune.hornel...@kravia.net [firebird-support]
    • Re: [fire... Alex Castillo acr_k...@yahoo.com [firebird-support]