On 2019-12-16 22:00, David Wurdeman david.wurde...@mvpmt.com
[firebird-support] wrote:
> We have an application that uses Firebird to open .FDB databases, that
> are stored on a shared directory on a server.

Database should be 'shared' through a Firebird server instance. Users
connect to the database through the Firebird server. What you seem to be
doing right now is probably using Firebird Embedded (or locally hosted
Firebird server instances) to access database through a shared
directory.

You should not perform concurrent access to a database through a shared
directory, as it is a great way to corrupt things.

> When we open a database with the app, there's a message that says:
>
> “COMPUTER XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX  :XXXXX”
>
> “THE SIMULTANEOUS EDITING OF ONE DATABASE BY MULTIPLE USERS MAY
> RESULT IN DATABASE ERROR MESSAGES, BUT WON’T CAUSE LOSS OF DATA.
> CONTINUE?”
>
> We can click past the message and still get into the data.
>
> The IP address in the first line is the IP address of the computer
> accessing the database.
>
> I'm assuming this message is coming from the Firebird server.
>
> The server is a Windows 10 pc, as is the client.  The server is
> running Firebird 2.5, and the client v2.1.
>
> Any ideas on what is causing this?   Thanks for any advice!

It is not a message from Firebird, so it is probably logic that is part
of your software.

Mark
  • [firebird-suppo... David Wurdeman david.wurde...@mvpmt.com [firebird-support]
    • Re: [fireb... Dimitry Sibiryakov s...@ibphoenix.com [firebird-support]