On 31/12/2019 12:40, Nagy Szilveszter nagy_szilvesz...@yahoo.com
[firebird-support] wrote:
> Is there a way to set _connection timeout_ for firebird _at client side_?
[..]
> At server side there is a ConnectionTimeout parameter, but it does not
> help me in this case (when i try to connect to an inexistent server,
> caused by wrong configuration).

ConnectionTimeout isn't a server setting, it is in the section with the
header "Client Connection Settings (Basic)".

However, to apply to a fbclient, it must be configured in a
firebird.conf in the same directory as the fbclient.dll/libfbclient.so

Alternatively, in Firebird 3 and higher, you should be able to pass the
value in the DPB item isc_dpb_config (which basically takes a
linebreak-separated list of key=value with the firebird.conf clientside
configuration.

There is also isc_dpb_connect_timeout, but as far as I know that only
governs the attach handshake, as it is only applied after establishing
the socket connection, which makes it unsuitable.

Mark
--
Mark Rotteveel
  • [firebird-s... Nagy Szilveszter nagy_szilvesz...@yahoo.com [firebird-support]