Hi,

Please see my question here:

https://dba.stackexchange.com/questions/257259/is-it-safe-to-risk-multiple-firebird-nbackup-l

Quoting here, but wish you will reply at the site, if acceptable to you.

I'm using Firebird 3.0 nbackup to lock + copy + unlock each night.

If some steps fail or are skipped e.g. due to system restart (updates),

it may happen that the master is not unlocked (-N). Next night, it will

already be in locked state, but the scheduled backup task will lock it

again (-L).

Is this safe?

Will the second -L have any effect, or is it a no-op, so a single unlock

(-N) will restore it to normal state? Or do I have to safeguard against

a second lock (-L) if it's already in locked state?

Mvh,

Kjell

  • [firebir... Kjell Rilbe kjell.ri...@marknadsinformation.se [firebird-support]
    • Re:... Mark Rotteveel m...@lawinegevaar.nl [firebird-support]